Thursday, December 30, 2010

The 6th it is!

I got a call from the labor and delivery nurse at Huntington hospital to arrange for my pre-op admitting appointment for the CS on the 6th at 3 p.m.

I called Dr. Starnes office and we are going to do the tour of the hospital in the morning and will keep our appointment with the Dr. at 12:30 but will probably not be able to meet up with him as he may be in surgery.

So I guess that's it. You will be born on the 6th of January 2011 only 7 days from now. What a gut check.

***********************************************************************

Another NST test today. You did great. Instead of reading or texting on my phone I just laid back and listened to your heartbeat on the monitor. It sounds so strong and healthy and it's hard to believe that it could be damaged.

I just laid there and listened and burned the sound into my memory. For a minuet I thought of calling your Dad or recording the sound but in the end I deiced to just make it our moment.

There were tears but they were tears of happiness. The sound will always be one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard and I will never forget it.

0 comments: