Monday, January 31, 2011

There are roses in the lobby...

of the Ronald McDonald house tonight.


A little boy named Carlo lost his battle today 1/31/11.



We know nothing about him other than he lived, he was beautiful, and now he's gone.

His parents are staying in room 75. We are in room 79. I can't imagine the pain they must be going through.

It puts today in perspective doesn't it.

No matter what happens or how hard it is we WILL be taking you home someday and for that fact alone we are so blessed.

Goodbye Carlo. Fly free beautiful baby boy.

5 comments:

Erin Wood said... Best Blogger Tips

Praying for his family tonight. I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through... also praying for your sweet boy to continue to heal and grow! Also that you will have strength to keep moving onward and upward! ((hugs))

Megan said... Best Blogger Tips

So sad. Sending lots of prayers.

Crystal M. said... Best Blogger Tips

I read this with tears in my eyes, I remember our nicu days and hearing a mom cry because there was nothing left they could do for their baby. Very heart breaking!!
Prayer are with the family and yours,
Crystal

mj said... Best Blogger Tips

Can't even imagine what his family is going through. T&P to Carlo's family.

num1tigerfan said... Best Blogger Tips

I remember 22 yrs ago when my daughter was 8 weeks premature and in the NICU. My heart goes out to you. I pray every morning and night for your family. I know all to well the insurance issues also. Unfortunatley, insurance companies are beginning to control our lives which is so sad.

Again, thoughts and heartfelt prayers from IOWA. Stay strong for Mason! He is so worth it and a true miracle!